Thursday 10 April 2014

Making memories and commemorating moving

Something my sketches and doodles are evident of is the constant ideas and inspiration of things I'd really like to start doing such as DIY projects and crafty items to make.
I have wanted to start religiously filling out my One Line a Day book. This book is a five year memory book. Everyday you write just one line a day under the correct date...for five years. I must admit that I got this years ago when I was living in Chelsea. I purchased if from the V&A Museum. However...my good intentions haven't been religious in the slightest. It's been a new years resolution a couple of times; I started to write a sentence during the first week of January on two occasions - January 2012 and January 2014....!


So, I have decided to commemorate and gather the first 5 years I spend in my new home. *Brainwave*...I will start it on moving day!
I know I'm precious, but although I am working on changing that (it's on my 'goals that take time and learning' list)...it's a self-esteem thing. I've struggled a lot in the past, but now I am stronger, I feel more worthy, therefore meeting my aims and goals is going well so far. Change takes time, especially when personal thoughts can be the most destructive for me. In the past I'd buy pretty things but I'd be precious, not wanting to 'ruin' it; whatever 'it' may have been, but now I am noticing more and more change; especially as I have the opinion that dog-eared books and well-loved, often used items have a certain charm about them and conjure up memories. 

The second thing I'd like to start on moving day (or after a week or so...I probably need to settle don't I?!?!) is something I have been thinking about for a while. These girls are doing it great with their blog A Year to Inspire. This blog documents their day-to-day artwork over the course of their year long challenge to fill one sketchbook page a day. I love the idea of reflecting and contemplating things creatively (hence my endless notebooks and sketchbooks; some only half completed).
It'll be nice to flick through the book after a whole year, but unlike the girls at A Year to Inspire, I will only share my book with others at the end. I'm thinking it would also make a nice coffee table book. 
I will be using the daily prompts from A Year to Inspire as there is nothing worse for me, than putting pressure on myself to fill a blank page.

Thank you for reading my ramblings :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment